Alright, you got your CDL, and your heading to your truck. Get in, put in your bag, and check everything before cranking up to leave out. This is what I recommend to have in my truck, before Pretrip, and Warm up, for every trip, always on standby.
- Rand McNally Road Map Trucker Edition
- Tool box, with most common tool sizes for the truck and equipment, spare fuses, spare bulbs at a minimum
- 5 days worth of clothes, with a minimum Gal of Water stored.
- Jacket and hat
- Ink pens by driver seat, dash and in the bunk area.
- Safety helmet and boots stored with vest.
- Road Snacks
- Coffee Cups, yeah you truckers know what I’m talking about…….
- A few Books to read, some like magazines, video games, tv and movies, what ever you enjoy….
- Good Cellphone with Solid service nationwide
- Internet, either mobile Data connection, or service at the truckstops via subscription.
That pretty much it….That is my must haves for a new driver, as far as personal gear, that you may need.